Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Cooking in your child's kitchen... a different experience!

Today was my baby boy's birthday - and since he gets home from work rather late, we decided to take his cake and birthday dinner to him instead of inviting him here.

Luckily, I have a big roasting oven that we could stick in the back of the pickup with a cooked turkey breast and pre-mashed potatoes. The rest I took along to cook at his house.

And now I know some things that will go in his stocking this Christmas. Things like soup spoons, serving spoons, stirring spoons and more sizes of sauce pans than just "large". Well, guess the pans won't fit in the stocking, but you know what I mean.

I can't believe he's been eating his soup with a teaspoon all this time.

He's been getting along fine with his George Foreman grill, his large sauce pans, and a couple of frying pans. But that's because he only cooks "bachelor food." One of these days he may want to cook a whole meal.

If you have grown kids who are bachelors or bachelorettes, you might want to try cooking in their kitchens. It could give you ideas for Christmas, too.

Here's to all our kids...

Marte

No comments: