Thursday, January 15, 2009

Not all recipies are worth trying

This morning my husband handed me a magazine article about "The Best chili I ever ate." What was so different about it was that it was made with a cornbread topping.

Since I already had a pot of chili cooking for tonight, I said I'd put it in the oven and try the cornbread topping. What a mistake!

The cornbread recipe called for a can of creamed corn, which didn't appeal to me much in the first place, but I did it. As it cooked it appeared that maybe this would be cornbread dumplings on chili, but no, it wasn't.

It was corn mush on chili, and not very tasty. Instead of staying on top, the cornmeal batter slithered down into the chili, wrecking the whole darned thing!

All I can say is the green salad and the bowl of fruit tasted pretty good.

No comments: