Monday, February 2, 2009

Kitchen Sink Night at the Stove

Tonight I decided the leftovers had to get used - so I started inventing dishes. Since it turned out so well, I'll tell you about it!

I had a small piece of roast beef, and a small bowl of pulled pork in gravy. There wasn't enough of either one to make a meal. So I put them each into the food processor and ground them up. Then I cubed two leftover baked potatoes and mixed the whole thing together. I added a bit of leftover beef gravy to make sure it would be moist enough. Then put it in a baking pan and stuck it in the oven.

Next was the leftover macaroni and cheese. It got a small can of tomato sauce and some Italian spices and went into the oven as well.

Since there are only 2 of us, I had a few leftovers again... so the dogs got most of the meat, and the macaroni will be my lunch tomorrow!

We had a good dinner, and the refrigerator looks much neater, too!

No comments: